The program of the professional certificate that extends for two years, provides an introduction to social sciences and offer an opportunity to improve and practice the French language for refugee students to improve their chances of integration within the labor market after graduation.
During its first year, the program provides students with twenty hours of weekly courses in ; french as foreign language (FLE-Français langue étrangère), English language, history, law, political humanities, political science, applied mathematics to social sciences etc, in addition to professional workshops and management courses.
In its second year, the third semester will be devoted to intensive preparation for professional integration accompanied by general courses (history, French, English etc.) and specific courses on entrepreneurship and the business ecosystem, while the fourth and last semester will be dedicated for a six-month internship, from January to June.
The program will also provide complementary courses and training sessions.
Meetings with businesses and visits to cultural institutions (theaters, museums, libraries etc.) will be organized every semester.
How to Apply
Applications are accepted from candidates who meet the following criteria:
- Be highly motivated, with genuine interest in the certificate program and in social sciences studies.
- Have a refugee status – justification will be requested.
- Be under the age of 28 on September 1, 2022 – a copy of the ID will be requested.
- Have an FLE level of B1+ or higher – Provide a certificate if possible.
- Have at least a level equivalent to the baccalaureate from their country of origin.
- Be available from September 2022 to August 2024.
- Be present at all lessons and activities.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited for a face-to-face interview on Thursday April 28, 2022 at our premises in Paris, and based on which their eventual admission to the certificate program will be decided.
This program is not intended to prepare for entry subsequent to Sciences Po.
Selected students will be eligible for a CROUS scholarship. Additional Sciences Po scholarships can be provided on individual bases. Tuition will be free.
Please send your application to email@example.com before midnight of Sunday April 10, 2022.