UniR Universités & Réfugié.e.s is an association that assists refugees and asylum seekers in their academic integration. The personalized accompaniment program, the workshops for resuming studies and professional orientation, the French courses, and the mentoring program.
Presentation of Intercultur’elles
Intercultur’elles is the mentoring program of UniR that values refugee and asylum-seeking women’s journeys by sharing personal, professional, and academic skills with local mentors. The program allows them to define their projects in an intercultural context and build the future they desire.
Through individual and group sessions, participants will work on specific objectives:
- Explore their academic and professional background,
- Carry out projects following their knowledge and skills,
- Exploit their potential by working on their self-confidence,
- Learn how to develop a network,
- Discover each other’s culture and exchange on their mutual experiences.
Program participants will undergo courses on migration, gender, and interculturality specifically designed for this program.
To fully benefit from the program, a minimum level of B1 in French is recommended.
- To support the development phase of the academic and professional careers of refugee and asylum-seeking women by putting them in contact with local women;
- Promote the acquisition of skills related to professional and personal projects to improve the access of refugee and asylum-seeking women to higher education and the labor market;
- Federate and disseminate knowledge and good practices related to the intersectionality of gender and migration to raise awareness among mentoring participants.
Application and launch of the program
In February 2021, UniR will launch the first mentoring session of the year. To apply, the following form must be completed by January 24, 2021.