This article does not concern statutory refugees nor those with subsidiary protection, and it does concern asylum seekers directly.
[Green file] Prior admission request (DAP) for first registration in the first year of a license in a French university, 2022-2023
For a first registration in the first year of the license at a French university, a prior admission request (DAP) is compulsory for foreigners holding or preparing a foreign high school diploma (baccalauréat). If you are a foreign student and live in France, you will need to complete the green file that can be downloaded from this page. The deadline for submitting applications is December 15, 2021.
2022-2023 registrations – Terms and conditions
The form (“green file”) concerns candidates who do not have French nationality, do not hold or are future holders of the French or European baccalaureate, and reside in France.
With some exceptions, candidates must take a paid language test (the price is 73 euros).
List of documents that will need to be provided in the “green file”:
- application for admission prior to undergraduate enrollment in a French university
- letter of recommendation to be kept by the university
- university response
- proofreading tests (French language)
- French language proficiency test registration form
- identification (asylum seeker)
Procedures for examining applications and response times
Your application file is examined at the same time by the 3 universities that you have requested.
These universities will let you know their proposal for acceptance by March 31, 2022, at the latest. They will be able to inform you, where applicable, of the exemptions from which you may benefit.
You have until May 15, 2022, to give your answer to the university which made you a registration proposal.
In the case of several proposals, you will have to make a final choice for one of the proposals.
This file, accompanied by the supporting documents requested (see the documents making up the explanatory note at the end of this article), must be submitted, or sent, duly completed to the universities by December 15, 2021.
These documents need to be sent to three colleges :
This DAP file, accompanied by the supporting documents requested (see the documents making up the explanatory note at the end of this article), must be submitted, or sent, duly completed to the universities by December 15, 2021.
Foreign students not concerned by the prior admission and the green file:
- Candidates who do not have French nationality, do not hold or are future holders of the baccalaureate, wishing to enroll in a French school of architecture must use a specific form available on the archi.fr site. They will undergo, on the same date, the same language test as the candidates for this application for prior admission.
- Candidates who do not have French nationality, do not hold or are future holders of the French or European Baccalaureate, and do not reside in France must, for their part, use another “white file” form bearing the same wording as the one below this, but on its first page it reads “frame to be completed by the embassy” and not, like this one, “frame to be completed by the university”.
- Candidates residing abroad, holders or future holders of the French or European baccalaureate, for enrollment in a French university first cycle, must connect to Parcoursup.
- Applicants who are nationals of a country of the European Union or of the European Economic Area must connect to Parcoursup.
Applicants must present the diploma giving them access to higher education in the country where it was obtained. It is recommended to know the French language well.
DAP UNIVERSITY ENROLLMENT CALENDAR
- Opening of the applications: October 1, 2021
- Deadline for submission of files to institutions: December 15, 2021
- Deadline for educational committees for establishments – Decision of the establishments: March 31, 2022
- Deadline for embassy commissions and exemption of fees: May 1, 2022
- Student response deadline: May 15, 2022
If you are a statutory refugee or under subsidiary protection, you can review the other procedures that concern you:
- First-year at the University (L1)
You can get in contact directly with the institution to apply at any time, without a deadline. The best way is to get in contact as soon as possible.
- Filiere selective/Selective section (BTS, DUT, CPGE):
You need to apply at the Parcoursup platform.
- Second or third year (L2) (L3), first or the second year in a Master`s degree, or enroll on an Ecole
– You can get in contact directly with the institution to apply without any time prevision to get an answer. The best way is to get in contact as soon as possible.
– You can search for the e-candidat website of the university you want to study at.