The National Program for Emergency Reception of Scientists in Exile (PAUSE) has launched a new call for applications. The deadline for the call is October 2, 2020.
Applications are made by public research organizations and public higher education institutions under the supervision of the Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation, and/or the Ministry of Culture and private higher education institutions of general interest (EESPIG).
Higher education and research institutions under the supervision of the Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation & Private higher education institutions of general interest (EESPIG) :
The purpose of the funding is to co-finance a hosting project for a foreign scientist of any geographical origin and any discipline meeting all the following eligibility criteria:
- To be able to justify his or her status as a teacher-researcher or researcher or to be at least enrolled in a doctoral program (in his or her country of origin or France);
- Be in real need;
– Be a victim of persecution or violence because of the content of his or her research, the free expression of his or her opinions, identity, beliefs, sexual orientation, … ;
– Being a victim of another type of threat to be specified.
- Regardless of his current place of residence :
– to be in the obligation to go into exile from his country of origin;
– Be in France for less than 3 years.
Institutions of higher education under the supervision of the Ministry of Culture
- Be able to justify a minimum of 5 years of teaching experience.
- Being in real need;
– Being a victim of persecution or violence because of the content of one’s research, the free expression of one’s opinions, identity, beliefs, sexual orientation, …
– be the victim of another type of threat to be specified.
- Regardless of his or her current place of residence :
– be forced to go into exile from his country of origin;
– have been in France for less than 3 years.
If all of these criteria are not met, we invite you to contact us by email to inform us of your situation at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Amount of funding:
The amount of funding granted varies according to the status and experience of the beneficiary and the existence of a social support project by the host institution:
- Category 1 (doctoral student, research assistant), up to 20,000 euros ;
- Category 2 (post-doc, lecturer, research engineer), up to 40,000 euros;
- Category 3 (university professor, research director), up to 60,000 euros.
The co-financing grant allocated by PAUSE is capped at 60% of the total amount of the host institution’s budget. Co-financing up to 80% may be allocated to institutions submitting more than one application per call and may be considered exceptionally, on a case-by-case basis, depending on the researcher’s particular situation and/or the institution.
Duration of financial support:
The financial support received to host an applicant covers a maximum of one year over the host project’s duration. Institutions are advised to propose a project to host the scientist at risk for a period of 12 months and, failing that, for a minimum of 6 months.
Funding may be renewed once, following a new evaluation process based on the work’s progress and the scientific results.
Special case: doctoral students enrolled in the first year at the time of their first application may be co-funded, after evaluation of their scientific results, for a third year to complete their Ph.D.
If necessary, the file’s evaluation will be made based on the progress of the work and the conclusions of the host institution’s thesis follow-up committee.
Constitution of application files
The application file is put together and presented by the host institution.
It consists of a form to be filled in on the application platform via this link.
If you wish to read the form that you will be asked to fill in directly from the platform, it can be downloaded in word format from these links:
For more information: click the link.